Sign Language Interpreter II, Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment, as needed
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
- Incomplete applications packets will not be considered
- Evidence of minimum qualifications must be established in the online application form.
- It is important to confirm that your required documents have been uploaded correctly before final submission of your application packet. Applicants may receive a confirmation number prior to all documents being uploaded to application packet if submitted during the conversion phase. Packets received with documents that failed to convert will be screened out as incomplete.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Classified Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- Copy of required certifications posted in "Other Document" section
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
|Job Title:||Sign Language Interpreter II, Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment, as needed|
|Initial Screening Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Position Type:||Short-term Temporary Hourly|
|Work Week||flexible, as needed|
This position is not eligible for benefits.
|College/Site:||Cerro Coso College|
|Location||CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest|
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term temporary hourly positions during the Spring Semester 2015 academic year.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide sign language interpreting services to students who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have other communication disorders; may tutor students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Services may involve highly technical or specialized subject matter that require higher levels of skill and more advanced and fluent interpreting techniques.
|Education and Experience||
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from and Interpreter Training Program (ITP) or equivalent or Associate of Art’s Degree in American Sign Language, Interpreting, or a related field and three (3) academic years of paid experience interpreting for the deaf and hard of hearing utilizing both receptive and expressive interpreting.CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbents must possess and maintain skills certification issued by the National Registry of Interpreters for the deaf (RID): Certification of Transliteration (CT) or Certificate of Interpretation (CI); and/or certification at Level 3 by the National Association for the Deaf (NAD) or American Consortium of Certified Interpreters (ACCI) certificate at Level 3 or higher, or National Interpreter Certification (NIC) certification. NAD certification at Level 4 is preferred.
Successful completion of an interpreting skills evaluation is required.
|Knowledge and Abilities||KNOWLEDGE OF:
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Completed application packet must include:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you learn about the position?
- Chronicle for Higher Education
- Employment Agency
- KCCD Employee
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document