Biological Sciences - Anatomy Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
- Incomplete applications packets will not be considered
- Evidence of minimum qualifications must be established in the online application form.
- It is important to confirm that your required documents have been uploaded correctly before final submission of your application packet. Applicants may receive a confirmation number prior to all documents being uploaded to application packet if submitted during the conversion phase. Packets received with documents that failed to convert will be screened out as incomplete.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Title:||Biological Sciences - Anatomy Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool|
|Initial Screening Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Position Type:||Part-Time Academic|
|Work Week||Various, As Needed|
Sick Leave Only
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
This is an adjunct pool that will be used to staff adjunct instructor assignments during the 2016-2017 academic year.
The successful candidate will be expected to instruct in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
|Education and Experience||MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Master’s in any biological science;OR
- Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science;OR
- Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Biological Sciences at the California Community College level;OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
|Knowledge and Abilities||Knowledge and Abilities:
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
First Review of Applications:
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you learn about the position?
- Chronicle for Higher Education
- Employment Agency
- KCCD Employee
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document